I’ll be attending the BCS EA specialist group meeting tomorrow (10th Sept 2009) at 18:00, 5 Southampton Street, London – at this meeting there will be a presentation of case studies from specialist group members focusing on the following areas:
- Business value delivered by EA
- Professional development for enterprise architects
- Governance of enterprise architecture
I’m looking forward to meeting my EA peers, and I’m keen to hear different perspectives on questions such as these…
- If the EA effort has been going for a while, are they entering the “trough of disillusionment” and how have they addressed this?
- What was the trigger event that meant they got funding/energy for an EA initiative? New CEO? A big disaster that they were rebounding from?
- Are they well engaged with project/programme teams?
- Architecture and/or project governance in place? Working well?
- Centralised or decentralised model?
- What lessons have they learned?
- Views on TOGAF and other frameworks?
- Any relationship to business process improvement teams, six sigma initiatives etc?
- Budget, team size etc
- EA cycle times
- Communication approach?
- Metrics in place?